Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Mission: Organization



For those of you who know me pretty well, you know I love to organize stuff. For those of you who don't--I LOVE to organize!! I'm constantly rearranging things, buying new plastic containers and baskets, and whipping out my label maker every chance I get. I'm green with envy when Martha Stewart shows her audience her work space and craft room. She and I would get along famously! The new year is a fantastic time for me, because it gives me the excuse to say "I'm going to get organized this year", even if I've already organized something. Because then, I can undo everything and reorganize. Call it my 'slightly' OCD tendencies (see the previous post about the stack of rainbow fabric and you'll start to understand!). Needless to say, The Container Store is my best friend!


Anyway, the hubby came to me (unprompted, out of the blue) the other day and said that I could have the basement for my studio. We live in a townhouse, and the so-called "basement" isn't all that big, but nevertheless, it will be mine! Frankly, I think he is tired of not having a dining room table at which to eat because it is overtaken with the sewing machine and various accoutrements, hence the strong suggestion to move my stuff downstairs. Not that most of my crafting stuff isn't down there already, because it is, but this is now permission to take over completely! *evil laugh* Muahahaha!! Victory is mine! Of course, I can't let on that I had plans all along for a full scale conquering invasion, so we'll keep that to ourselves, shall we?


IKEA, here I come! Well, actually, not until the tax refund in February, but I can plan, right? Time to break out the black marker, catalog, and post-it notes, along with all my Real Simple magazines. Maybe some graph paper, too. I have visions of a long table for my machine and laptop, with jars and cubbies lined up precise order on neatly arranged shelves. Ahhh...bliss. No more rummaging around trying to find that particular elusive notion. Yes, Martha, it is definitely a "good thing"!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

You found my website and now I found your's! It's so cool that you have your own little business--I love the logo, very chic. I'm jealous you get a whole basement to make into your own personal haven of craftiness. Be sure to take before and after pictures!

Carrie said...

I too LOVE your logo and website! I'm so proud of you :o) I always knew you were a talented young woman...and now look at you!

I may have to pick your brain if/when I go to make that Birdie Sling Bag to find out what part you would not interface.

Love the fabrics you bought too!